Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thoroughly Modern Millie

     I will be starting a new project for the next couple of months.  My old high school has hired me back as lighting designer and technical director for the drama department.  Luckily, I will no longer be working in the luxurious Raskob Center for the Performing Arts (the gym).  Instead, I will be doing my first musical in the brand new Graham Theater.
     Earlier this week, I was informed that the musical this year will be Thoroughly Modern Millie.  While not my favorite show, it should be fun.  I have decided that this year, I am going to document every step I take in designing for this show.  Starting with sketches and making it all the way to actual show photos and everything in between.
     This ought to be a fun and exciting exploration!

I was feeling a little nostalgic, so I decided to post a couple photos from past shows.  Here is a picture from my very first show 42nd Street.


This one is from Grease.






Here are several pictures from the best show I worked on, Cabaret.

Cliff arrives in Berlin by train

"Tomorrow Belongs to Me"

Nazi Kickline

The title number "Cabaret"






No comments:

Post a Comment